TikTok has taken the world by storm with its unique blend of short-form video content and an algorithm that keeps users glued to their screens. But is it right for your business? In this post, we'll explore the basics of TikTok, the types of businesses that can benefit from it, and how to create a successful marketing strategy on the platform.
What is TikTok?
TikTok is a social media app that allows users to create and share short-form videos, usually between 15 and 60 seconds long. The app has a variety of features, including filters, music, and special effects, that make it easy to create engaging and entertaining content.
TikTok has quickly become one of the most popular social media platforms, with over a billion active users worldwide. It's particularly popular among younger audiences, with 62% of TikTok users aged 10-29.
What Businesses Should Consider TikTok?
While TikTok is a relatively new platform, it's already proven to be an effective marketing tool for many businesses. Here are some types of businesses that can benefit from a presence on TikTok:
- Brands with a strong visual or creative aspect: TikTok is all about creativity and visual appeal, so businesses with a strong visual identity or creative products are well-suited to the platform. Examples include fashion brands, makeup brands, and home decor brands.
@fashionnova: Fashion Nova is a clothing brand that's popular on TikTok for their trendy styles and visually appealing content.
@kajabeauty: Kaja Beauty's videos often feature makeup tutorials, before-and-after transformations, and playful animations, making them a great example of a brand that utilizes TikTok's visual and creative capabilities.
- Businesses targeting younger audiences: As we mentioned earlier, TikTok is particularly popular among younger audiences. If your business targets millennials or Gen Z, TikTok is a great way to reach them.
@chiptole: Chipotle is a fast-food restaurant that's popular among millennials and Gen Z, and their TikTok content reflects that with fun, engaging videos.
@colourpopcosmetics: ColourPop is a cosmetics brand that's known for their affordable and trendy products, and their TikTok content resonates with younger audiences.
- Brands with a sense of humor: TikTok users love content that's funny, lighthearted, and entertaining. If your brand has a sense of humor or can create content that's engaging and entertaining, TikTok could be a good fit.
@wendys: Wendy's is a fast-food chain that's known for their snarky Twitter presence, and their TikTok content follows suit with humorous and engaging videos.
@oldspice: Old Spice is a men's grooming brand that's known for their quirky and humorous advertising campaigns, and their TikTok content is no exception.
How to Decide If Your Business Should Be on TikTok
Before you jump into TikTok marketing, there are a few things to consider:
- Do you have the resources to create content for TikTok regularly? TikTok content requires a different approach than other social media platforms, so you'll need to invest time and resources into creating content that resonates with TikTok users.
- Does your target audience use TikTok? While TikTok is growing quickly, it may not be the best platform for every brand. Make sure your target audience is active on the platform before investing in TikTok marketing.
- Can you adapt your brand voice and messaging to fit TikTok's style? TikTok is all about creativity and authenticity, so if your brand voice doesn't align with these values, you may struggle to connect with TikTok users.
How to Get Started Marketing on TikTok
If you've decided that TikTok is a good fit for your business, here are some tips for creating a successful marketing strategy on the platform:
- Understand TikTok's algorithm: TikTok's algorithm is based on user behavior, so the more engaging your content is, the more likely it is to be shown to users. Focus on creating content that's entertaining, informative, or inspiring.
- Use music and effects: TikTok has a variety of features that make it easy to create engaging and entertaining content, including music and effects. Experiment with these features to create content that stands out.
- Leverage influencers: Influencer marketing is popular on TikTok, and working with influencers can be a great way to reach new audiences. Look for influencers who align with your brand values and have a strong following on the platform.
- Use hashtags: Hashtags are a great way to get your content in front of new
Think you're ready to market your business on TikTok? Give us a call, we can help!
P.S. Follow @vannoppenmarketing on TikTok!