May 26, 2020
Reopening Checklist for Your Business
For Customer and Employee Confidence
Be smart as you reopen your business after the COVID-19 shutdown. Make plans to keep employees and customers safe and confident. Confidence is the key.
9 Reopening Tips
We are in unprecedented times. Business owners and managers have to find ways to allow business to function without compromising public health or confidence. Here are some no-nonsense tips:
- Make a set of "No Personal Contact" Rules (limit handshaking, closed meeting spaces, hugging, etc.).
- Encourage "no item sharing" when possible (limit exposure to shared objects like pens, staplers, notebooks, desk space and anything else that can be assigned to individual workers and not shared).
- Reorganize your floor space (to maximize 6-foot distances).
- Minimize common gathering areas.
- Post communal equipment and area cleaning rules.
- Create prominent hand sanitizing stations complete with cleaning supplies.
- Limit the number of people in a closed room.
- Break the 9-5 convention (adjust working hours to accommodate business needs and safety requirements).
- Create a digital employee handbook for policies, expectations, and documents.